Friday 8 July 2016

My first appointment at Sandyford.

Wow. So today just happened. I am very tired and excited by how well the appointment went. I got woken up at six in the morning to go through to Glasgow. It was a long journey but worth it. When we got there we discovered we were 50 minutes early so went round the corner to a little restaurant and ordered coffee. Well Mum, Ade and Ailsa all got something. I sat there awkwardly the whole time.

Finally though it was time for my appointment. I felt sick with nerves but really it was a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be. I was asked about my family, hobbies, school and my gender identity and when I came out as trans. I was also asked what I wanted to get out of going to Sandyford. I told them that I wanted to medically transition to male by taking Testosterone and having top surgery. I had Adrian in with me so the whole experience was a lot better. It was an hour long but it did not feel like it at the time. I am really looking forward to my next appointment. Thankfully I will not have as much nerves coming up to the next appointment as I know what to expect.

Then we went to IKEA the land of Flat pack furniture and Meatballs. That was hectic to say the least. Horrible, loud and busy. The only good thing about it was getting lunch. Gotta love those Swedish Meatballs. Then we left the hustle and bustle of IKEA to visit my uncle Tam. He had just woken up as he had a night shift at his work last night. It was good seeing him though. After all that we started the long drive home where everyone but Adrian fell asleep. So that was my crazy day. I cannot believe it happened. Now I want to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment