Tuesday 12 July 2016

Memory Techniques and Crazy Obsessions

My brain is a mystery. Even I have no clue what is going on half the time. I would love to show you a piece of what goes on in my head

I love having Autism. Having obsessions can make my life so much more fun. I always know what to do to cheer myself up. Watch Sherlock while eating chocolate in my comfiest set of pyjamas. To me I will always have that to fall back on. Having an obsession with Sherlock is amazing as their are a lot of books, shows, films, art....pretty much it's one of the biggest fanbase in the world. This all started when my mum read me 'The Hounds of the Baskervilles.' I was 4 at the time and thought it was amazing. I always used to dream about going to solve crimes with the Detective. It makes me happier than anything in the world.

My mind Palace. I use a memory technique that involves visualisation. I have been doing it since I was young but back then it was more of a mind flat. I only came up with the name Mind Palace after I saw it on Sherlock. I was ecstatic. Knowing that my hero used the same memory technique as me was a dream come true. Now my palace Is bigger than ever. I have a full sized laboratory, a huge library, a tiny garden as I don't really know much about gardening but I have a lot of Grass and a dozen beehives. My kitchen is well stocked with Macaroni cheese, Olives and Ham Sandwiches. I love having a cup of tea with my own little Sherlock and John. Sometimes if I am lucky Sherlock is playing his violin. I can always tell when I am going to have a bad day when I cannot find John in my mind Palace. Without John Sherlock is Manic, Rude, Depressed and has a horrible tendency to burn stuff. When a fire like that happens in my Mind Palace it is Devastating. It leaves behind a mess. I can loose memories and forgot important things like eating or sleeping. I have also experienced Floods, Meteor attacks and one particularly memorable Dragon attack.

So that was a little slice of what my head is like. I hope you enjoyed reading about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment