Thursday 7 July 2016

Meltdowns, Crying and Exhaustion

Meltdowns. They are exhausting and generally there's a lot of crying and screaming involved. Well at least there is for me. My little sister Ailsa is the same. When she has Meltdowns it's enough to nearly give me a meltdown as I hate loud noises. It's a horrible domino effect in my house. Of course that is of course when my littler sister Clara gets woken up and joins in on the general screamfest. Generally my house is loud and chaotic. My ear defenders are my best friend. I put them on and ignore the world all while listening to my favourite music. I used to hate showers but ever since I moved into our current house I have loved them and usually have two showers a day. Of course I have music playing then as well.

For me the worst time to have a Meltdown is in public. I fear the looks people give me. Like i have suddenly burst into song and dance, but not very well. It's a look of confusion and at times awkwardness.
So if you see someone that is potentially having a meltdown. Remember these important rules.


  1. Give them space
  2. Be calm and careful if you approach them
  3. Unless they are danger of hurting themselves or others ask before touching them. It could make them feel more panicked
  4. Know that it is not your fault and you are not to blame.

Ok so that ends my helpful advice for today. If you have any more helpful advice then you can comment or send me a quick message. Bye Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment