Friday 26 August 2016

My first Day of College

So today was my first day of my college. It is a computer games design course. I am really loving it so far. I am very happy that I got on the course and am excited at the thought of learning how to program computer games. I made a special effort to look smart for my first day. With a shirt, bow tie, corduroy and purple doc martens i felt like a true nerd which i loved.

So my first day started off badly. I was nervous when i woke up and did not want to eat breakfast as i was too anxious. On the taxi ride over I was desperately trying to keep my nerves down. Stepping into the building felt amazing and different. I loved that this was the start to me learning some amazing and useful things about computer games development. So I held my head up high as i headed to the room that the course was in. Internally i was breaking down but i hope that i managed to keep a calm composure. When the class started though we were given forms to fill out and that made me panic a lot. I felt like i was trapped in a bubble and that this was the worst thing in the world. All that stress over a form. Thankfully my amazing mother darling was in the room next door hovering. She managed to calm me down and talk to my tutor whom was very understanding. I was still nervous but the knowledge that my mum was there if needs be was very comforting and i managed to get through the rest of the class. I was able to relax and take notes on everything that i felt important. I hope to do as much work as i can in my free time. I really want to make sure that i pass this course. I want to do well at this and to be able to tell myself that i did something that a few years ago i never thought possible. When i dropped out of main stream school i did not think i would get any qualifications let alone go to college. I am very proud that i managed to do this. So yeah all was well in the end. By then I was very tired but i had to go back to school where i promptly hid in the computer room to do some calming HTML.

Today has been a good day and i cannot wait until next friday.

2 comments:

  1. amazing, such courage! I can hear there was some conflict within you but you managed to overcome it - onwards and upwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm glad you're into programming. HTML was the first one I really spent time on and it leads on to even cooler stuff. Have fun with it, Sam.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete