Friday 5 August 2016

Dysphoria and the Menstrual Cycle.

Ok. So I never thought I would be writing about this subject as it is a difficult one for me but I felt it best that i impart my wisdom upon you. Being a trans man sucks. It really sucks. One of the worst things that has ever happened to me would be Puberty. Now for any cisgender(Their body matches their gender) teen puberty is bad enough but what happens when you go through the puberty of the opposite gender. That makes it all the more hard. Just remember that it does not invalidate who you are. In fact going through such an ordeal makes you stronger. For me when I am struck with crippling Dysphoria(Feeling depressed that your body and mind don't match up) I like to wear my tightest binder(Compresses my chest) and baggy clothing. I hate being around people and am more prone to panic attacks. This is usually when i am on my period. When I am like this I cannot stand to look at my body. I avoid it at all costs but it is not easy. Mirrors all over the house, getting changed, cleaned these are all things that can make me feel worse. Hopefully I can go on testosterone to stop my menstrual cycle and have a male puberty. I know i will never have a good beard. God damn you genetics. Or a totally ripped body. Well that's foods fault for being soo much more appealing than exercise. Hopefully I will get a body i have dreamed for. To get top surgery to remove my chest and to not have to deal with Satans Waterfall. One day i will be free.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being so honest and telling what it's like for you, it's really helpful to know this

    ReplyDelete