Saturday 5 November 2016

Fireworks and Meltdowns

Ah Bonfires Night. Or as I like to call it. One long meltdown. I HATE fireworks with a vengeance. They are loud, bright and incredibly dangerous. They make me have completely shut down. I have meltdowns, panic attacks and flashbacks to those horrible memories of my drunk 'father' attempting to light fireworks and it all going horribly wrong. For some reason every year on the fifth of November and of course the days before and after a lot of the time, there are always a lot of people insisting on having their own display. That in itself is okay but it is when you have several of them going of in the same vicinity it can make it sound like an air raid is going off outside your house.Which is very distressing for a lot of people and animals. I myself know that i am not the only person that suffers this time of the year as i have talked to people who are also suffering. It is good to know I am not alone but I cannot help but have this deep seated anger at all of the fireworks that make my feel such panic. Hopefully it wont be happening all night and I can finally get some rest. I am very much looking forward to when this is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment