Friday 11 November 2016

Self Harm and Me

Hello All. So recently I have been struggling a lot. With Self Harm. Now I know how taboo it is to talk about such a subject but to me it is important to be open about our struggles.

Self harm is something that on others I would try anything to make sure they know that I care and that hurting is not the right answer but to myself self harm is the only answer. And yes I am a huge hypocrite but i hate to see other people in pain. I deserve my pain, but i do not believe that other people deserve pain.

These wounds and scars are not beautiful. They never will be. They are physical manifestations of the pain I am feeling inside. Self Harm has been romanticized for far too long. One simple search  on tumblr and you will see black and white images of cuts with dramatic quotes written by angsty teens. No one will kiss your scars and tell you your scars are beautiful. That does not happen in real life. In real life people look at you with pity and disgust. They wonder how you could do something like that to your body. Please fight to stop this from happening. It can be very harmful to yourself and other people to post images of self harm. I am not saying you cannot post photos of your scars but not wounds. I have had many a friend have these pictures used against them and they can now never escape their past.

If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm, please get help. Thank you for reading. Stay Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment